Research by Global Market Studies has reported a CAGR of 7.4% for the Eubiotics Market, expecting to expand to a value of USD 9.9 billion by 2028.
Eubiotics, also known as probiotics, are natural substances that positively influence the balance of beneficial microorganisms in the digestive system of animals, particularly in livestock and poultry. These microorganisms primarily include bacteria and yeast that help maintain a healthy gut environment, enhance nutrient absorption, improve digestion, and support overall animal well-being.
Eubiotics are used in animal nutrition, livestock production, stress management, gut health, immune system enhancement, and environmental impact reduction. They promote gut microbiota balance, improve feed efficiency, reduce digestive disorders, and support immune function. Eubiotics also reduce resource consumption and waste production, making them a promising alternative to antibiotics.
The global demand for animal-based products, including meat, dairy, and eggs, is increasing, leading to a focus on improving animal health and productivity. Eubiotics can contribute to better livestock growth rates, feed efficiency, and overall production. Concerns about antibiotic resistance have led to regulatory restrictions and consumer demand for alternatives to antibiotics in animal agriculture.
Consumers are increasingly seeking natural and sustainable products, and Eubiotics align with this trend by derived from beneficial microorganisms. Animal welfare concerns are driving producers to adopt practices that enhance animal well-being, such as improving gut health and reducing stressors. Additionally, there is a growing need to reduce resource consumption and waste production in livestock production. Eubiotics can improve feed efficiency, reducing the environmental footprint of animal agriculture.
Eubiotics are a group of probiotic supplements that support gut health and nutrient utilization in animal feed. They contain specific strains of beneficial bacteria and yeast, which are added to animal feed to enhance nutrient utilization. Prebiotics, non-digestible compounds that promote the growth and activity of beneficial microorganisms in the gut, are also included in animal feed to support gut health. Synbiotics, which combine probiotics and prebiotics, maximize the benefits of beneficial microorganisms by providing a conducive environment for growth and activity.
Feed additives, such as pellets, powders, and liquids, are commonly used to enhance animal health and performance. Eubiotic manufacturers offer customized formulations tailored to specific livestock species and production systems, ensuring the right combination of probiotic strains and prebiotic components is provided for optimal results.
Research and development are ongoing in the eubiotics market, contributing to the development of innovative products and solutions. Educational resources and technical support are provided by eubiotics suppliers to help users understand the benefits of eubiotics and integrate them effectively into animal production systems.
Regulatory compliance is crucial for the safety and efficacy of eubiotic products, and manufacturers work to ensure compliance with relevant regulations and guidelines. Eubiotics are positioned as sustainable alternatives to antibiotics, aligning with consumer and industry demands for environmentally friendly and responsible livestock production practices.
Eubiotic products face challenges due to their diverse animal species, production systems, and microbial interactions, making standardization difficult. Limited scientific evidence and cost considerations may deter some livestock producers from adopting eubiotics.
The complex regulatory landscape and educational gaps in feed additives can also hinder market growth. Despite growing interest, some stakeholders remain skeptical due to the need for more robust evidence. Addressing these challenges is crucial for promoting eubiotic adoption and effective use.
North America: In North America, concerns about antibiotic resistance and the demand for sustainable livestock production practices have driven interest in eubiotics. The United States and Canada have seen increased adoption, especially in poultry and swine production.
Europe: The European Union has taken a proactive approach to reducing antibiotic use in livestock. This has led to significant interest in eubiotics as alternatives. The region has a well-established market for eubiotics, with a focus on poultry, swine, and aquaculture.
Asia-Pacific: The Asia-Pacific region has a rapidly growing livestock industry due to population growth and increasing demand for animal products. Eubiotics are gaining traction in this region as producers seek ways to improve production efficiency and meet quality and safety standards.
• In July 2021, Koninklijke DSM NV (Royal DSM) acquired Midori USA Inc., a start-up company primarily involved in developing targeted eubiotics that improve the environmental impact and health of the animals. The company introduced a new technology that recognizes glycans sourced from natural food sugar and modulated the way in which the microbiome in the gut functions in animals. The glycans help provide a consistent and effective impact on the gut health of animals, further leading to improved animal health and enhanced nutrient usage from the feed.
• In 2021, Novus International partnered with Agrivida, a US-based biotechnology company, for R&D collaborations. Through this partnership, the company will explore possibilities in new product developments, which may drive the company’s eubiotics business.
BASF SE, Cargill Inc., Koninklijke DSM NV, Lallemand Inc. and Novus International Inc.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) What is the projected market value of the Eubiotics Market?
– The Eubiotics Market is expected to reach a value of USD 9.9 billion by 2028.
2) What is the estimated CAGR of the Eubiotics Market over the 2023 to 2028 forecast period?
– The Eubiotics Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of approximately 7.4% from 2023 to 2028.
3) Who are the key players in the Eubiotics Market?
– BASF SE, Cargill Inc., Koninklijke DSM NV, Lallemand Inc. and Novus International Inc.
4) What are the drivers for the Eubiotics Market?
– Global demand for animal-based products rises, focusing on animal health and productivity. Eubiotics, derived from beneficial microorganisms, enhance well-being, reduce resource consumption, and reduce environmental footprint.
5) What are the restraints and challenges in the Eubiotics Market?
– Eubiotic products face challenges like diverse animal species, production systems, and microbial interactions, hindering standardization and market growth..
6) What are the key applications and offerings of the Eubiotics Market?
– Eubiotics are used in animal nutrition, livestock production, stress management, gut health, immune system enhancement, and environmental impact reduction. They promote gut microbiota balance, improve feed efficiency, reduce digestive disorders, and support immune function.
7) Which region is expected to drive the market for the forecast period?
– Asia Pacific has the highest value share in the global market and is expected to dominate shares in forecast period.
Why Choose Us?
Insights into Market Trends: Global Market Studies reports provide valuable insights into market trends, including market size, segmentation, growth drivers, and market dynamics. This information helps clients make strategic decisions, such as product development, market positioning, and marketing strategies.
Competitor Analysis: Our reports provide detailed information about competitors, including their market share, product offerings, pricing, and competitive strategies. This data can be used to inform competitive strategies and to identify opportunities for growth and expansion.
Industry Forecasts: Our reports provide industry forecasts, which will inform your business strategies, such as investment decisions, production planning, and workforce planning. These forecasts can help you to prepare for future trends and to take advantage of growth opportunities.
Access to Industry Experts: Our solutions include contributions from industry experts, including analysts, consultants, and subject matter experts. This access to expert insights can be valuable for you to understand the market.
Time and Cost Savings: Our team at Global Market Studies can save you time and reduce the cost of conducting market research by providing comprehensive and up-to-date information in a single report, avoiding the need for additional market research efforts.