Research by Global Market Studies has reported a CAGR of 6.5% for the Collagen & Gelatine Market, expecting to expand to a value of USD 1.6 billion by 2028.
Collagen and Gelatine are both protein-rich substances derived from animal connective tissues, primarily from bones, skin, and cartilage. They have various applications in the food, pharmaceutical, cosmetic, and healthcare industries due to their unique properties.
Collagen is a crucial protein in connective tissues, providing structural support and elasticity. It is used in food, beverages, cosmetics, skincare, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, and biomedical research. Gelatine, derived from collagen, has various applications in food, confectionery, pharmaceuticals, photography, film, medical coatings, cosmetics, and microbiology.
The increasing health and wellness awareness of collagen and Gelatine is driving demand for products containing these ingredients. As the global population ages, there is a higher demand for products supporting joint and bone health. Collagen’s popularity in skincare and beauty products is driven by the desire for youthful skin and reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
Collagen and Gelatine are also gaining traction in sports nutrition, offering potential benefits for muscle recovery, joint health, and injury prevention. They also serve as an alternative protein source for vegetarian and flexitarian diets, and are incorporated into functional foods and beverages like protein bars, drinks, and fortified products. Consumers are increasingly seeking natural and clean label ingredients, and collagen and Gelatine are derived from animal sources, meeting this criteria.
Collagen and Gelatine are essential functional ingredients in food and beverage formulations, providing texture, viscosity, and nutritional value. They are available in various forms, such as powders, capsules, and liquids, catering to consumers seeking joint, bone, and skin health support. Collagen and Gelatine are also used in cosmetics and skincare products, pharmaceuticals, and medical products. Functional foods like protein bars, gummies, and beverages enhance their nutritional value and health benefits.
Companies are investing in research and development to discover new applications and optimize production processes for collagen and Gelatine. Companies are also offering customization and innovation to cater to specific industry needs and consumer preferences. Some companies are developing plant-based alternatives to collagen and Gelatine, catering to vegan and vegetarian consumers. Sustainable sourcing of collagen and Gelatine from ethical and environmentally responsible animal farming practices is also a focus. Online retail and e-commerce have made collagen and Gelatine products accessible to a wider consumer base.
Collagen and Gelatine are derived from animal sources, which may pose allergen concerns for some consumers. Cultural and dietary restrictions may limit the use of these products, leading to market constraints. Ethical and environmental concerns also arise from the sourcing of collagen and Gelatine from animal tissues, prompting interest in alternative sources and sustainable practices.
The popularity of plant-based diets has led to the development of plant-derived alternatives to collagen and Gelatine, potentially impacting demand for animal-derived products. Regulatory considerations and price fluctuations also affect the market penetration and applications of collagen and Gelatine. Limited scientific evidence may limit the health benefits of these products, highlighting the need for further research and development.
North America:The North American market is driven by a strong emphasis on health and wellness, with collagen and Gelatine being popular in dietary supplements and functional foods. The demand for natural and clean label ingredients is also influential.
Europe: Europe sees a significant demand for collagen and Gelatine in the food and beverage industry, particularly in functional foods. The region’s strong focus on sustainability and clean labelling also affects product development.
Asia-Pacific: The Asia-Pacific region has a long history of using collagen-rich ingredients in traditional cuisine, which has translated into a robust market for collagen and Gelatine products in various industries, including cosmetics and healthcare.
• In January 2023, TELA Bio, Inc. launched NIVIS Fibrillar Collagen Pack. NIVIS Fibrillar Collagen Pack is an absorbent matrix of Type I and Type III bovine collagen proposed to manage moderately to heavily exudating wounds and to control minor bleeding.
• In October 2022, Collagen Matrix acquired Polyganics B.V. expanded its portfolio of bioresorbable solutions and technology platforms for bone and tissue repair.
Integra LifeSciences, DSM, CollPlant Biotechnologies, Nitta Gelatine, Collagen Solutions PLC., TELA Bio Inc., Polyganics B.V, and Collagen Matrix.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) What is the projected market value of the Collagen & Gelatine Market?
– The Collagen & Gelatine Market is expected to reach a value of USD 1.6 billion by 2028.
2) What is the estimated CAGR of the Collagen & Gelatine Market over the 2023 to 2028 forecast period?
– The Collagen & Gelatine Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of approximately 6.5% from 2023 to 2028.
3) Who are the key players in the Collagen & Gelatine Market?
– Integra LifeSciences, DSM, CollPlant Biotechnologies, Nitta Gelatine, Collagen Solutions PLC., TELA Bio Inc., Polyganics B.V, and Collagen Matrix.
4) What are the drivers for the Collagen & Gelatine Market?
– Health and wellness awareness drives demand for collagen and Gelatine products, including skincare, sports nutrition, vegetarian diets, and functional foods. These natural, clean-label ingredients meet consumer needs.
5) What are the restraints and challenges in the Collagen & Gelatine Market?
– Collagen and Gelatine, derived from animal sources, may cause allergens, market constraints, and ethical concerns. Plant-based diets and regulatory considerations impact demand, while limited scientific evidence limits benefits.
6) What are the key applications and offerings of the Collagen & Gelatine Market?
– Collagen is a crucial protein in connective tissues, providing structural support and elasticity. It is used in food, beverages, cosmetics, skincare, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, and biomedical research. Gelatine, derived from collagen, has various applications in food, confectionery, pharmaceuticals, photography, film, medical coatings, cosmetics, and microbiology.
7) Which region is expected to drive the market for the forecast period?
– Asia Pacific has the highest value share in the global market and is expected to dominate shares in forecast period.
Why Choose Us?
Insights into Market Trends: Global Market Studies reports provide valuable insights into market trends, including market size, segmentation, growth drivers, and market dynamics. This information helps clients make strategic decisions, such as product development, market positioning, and marketing strategies.
Competitor Analysis: Our reports provide detailed information about competitors, including their market share, product offerings, pricing, and competitive strategies. This data can be used to inform competitive strategies and to identify opportunities for growth and expansion.
Industry Forecasts: Our reports provide industry forecasts, which will inform your business strategies, such as investment decisions, production planning, and workforce planning. These forecasts can help you to prepare for future trends and to take advantage of growth opportunities.
Access to Industry Experts: Our solutions include contributions from industry experts, including analysts, consultants, and subject matter experts. This access to expert insights can be valuable for you to understand the market.
Time and Cost Savings: Our team at Global Market Studies can save you time and reduce the cost of conducting market research by providing comprehensive and up-to-date information in a single report, avoiding the need for additional market research efforts.