Research by Global Market Studies has reported a CAGR of 13.9% for the Mice Model Market, expecting to expand to a value of USD 2.7 billion by 2028.
The mice model market is a biomedical research and pharmaceutical industry segment that uses mice as animal models for studying diseases, drug candidates, and understanding biological processes.
Mice models are crucial in various fields, including basic research, drug development, cancer research, immunology, infectious diseases, neuroscience, genetics, metabolic and cardiovascular research, and reproductive biology. They provide insights into physiological and pathological conditions, predict human responses, and aid in personalized therapies.
Biomedical research advances and understanding of human diseases drive the demand for reliable animal models. Drug development needs and the increasing prevalence of diseases like cancer, cardiovascular disorders, and neurological conditions require better research tools like mice models.
Government and private funding supports mice model research, while genetic engineering techniques and personalized medicine trends expand their applications. Additionally, mice models are considered more ethically acceptable, leading to their widespread adoption in research.
Genetically modified mice enable researchers to study specific genes and gene functions, providing insights into diseases and therapeutic targets. These mice come in diverse strains and models with unique characteristics, catering to various research areas. Mice models play a significant role in studying transplantation and regenerative medicine, assessing feasibility and safety. Suppliers offer health monitoring, quality control, customization, and tailored solutions, while also providing support, training, and technical assistance. Many suppliers maintain extensive databases and resources, providing researchers with valuable information about available strains, genetic profiles, and research protocols.
Mice models share genetic similarities with humans, but they are different species, and certain disease aspects may not fully mimic human conditions, potentially limiting the translatability of research findings. Generating and maintaining mice models can be expensive and time-consuming, especially for genetically modified strains. Genetic variation and reproducibility can lead to variations in experimental results and challenges in reproducing findings across different studies. Species-specific differences in mouse biology and physiology may not allow direct translation of research findings to human applications.
Regulatory compliance is essential for researchers using mice models, which can add administrative burden and costs to research projects. Ethical concerns arise from the use of animals, including mice, in research. Additionally, mice may not be suitable for complex diseases, limiting their usefulness in certain research areas.
North America: North America, particularly the United States, has been a dominant player in the mice model market. The region has a robust research infrastructure, including leading universities, research institutions, and pharmaceutical companies. The presence of major mice model suppliers and the availability of funding for biomedical research have contributed to the region’s significant market share.
Europe: Europe is another significant market for mice models, with countries like the United Kingdom, Germany, France, and Switzerland being key players in the industry. The region boastsof advanced research facilities and a strong emphasis on biomedical research, which has driven the demand for mice models.
Asia-Pacific: The Asia-Pacific region has been witnessing substantial growth in the mice model market. Countries like China, Japan, South Korea, and India have made significant investments in research infrastructure and are becoming important hubs for biomedical research. The increasing prevalence of diseases and the emergence of the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries in the region have contributed to the rising demand for mice models.
• In January 2022, Inotiv completed the acquisition of Orient BioResource Center Inc. from Orient Bio Inc., a preclinical CRO and animal model supplier based in Seongnam, South Korea. Orient BioResource Center is a primate quarantine & holding facility located near Alice, Texas.
• In September 2022, GenOway, a biotechnology firm, expanded its partnership with Sigma-Aldrich, a science and tech subsidiary of Merck. With this, both companies agreed to continue collaborative R&D programs and innovations in CRISPR/Cas9 rodent model market and boost the CRISPR patent portfolio.
• In October 2022, Taconic Biosciences Inc., an animal model solutions provider, introduced the FcResolv NOG collection, a range of highly immunodeficient mice models missing residual murine Fc gamma receptors. The new portfolio is applicable in oncology, immune-oncology, and autoimmune diseases, to engraft multiple human cells and tissues.
Charles River Laboratories Inc., Envigo, GenOway, Harbor BioMed, Trans Genic Inc., Taconic Biosciences Inc., Inotiv.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) What is the projected market value of the Mice Model Market?
– The Mice Model Market is expected to reach a value of USD 2.7 billion by 2028.
2) What is the estimated CAGR of the Mice Model Market over the 2023 to 2028 forecast period?
– The Mice Model Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of approximately 13.9% from 2023 to 2028.
3) Who are the key players in the Mice Model Market?
– Charles River Laboratories Inc., Envigo, GenOway, Harbor BioMed, Trans Genic Inc., Taconic Biosciences Inc., Inotiv.
4) What are the drivers for the Mice Model Market?
– Biomedical research demands reliable animal models like mice for drug development and understanding human diseases. Government and private funding support these models, which are crucial for transplantation, regenerative medicine, and ethical research.
5) What are the restraints and challenges in the Mice Model Market?
– Ethical concerns arise from using animals in research due to limitations in mimicking human diseases, cost, and reproducibility issues. Regulatory compliance is crucial, and mice may not be suitable for complex diseases.
6) What are the key applications and offerings of the Mice Model Market?
– Mice models are crucial in various fields, including basic research, drug development, cancer research, immunology, infectious diseases, neuroscience, genetics, metabolic and cardiovascular research, and reproductive biology.
7) Which region is expected to drive the market for the forecast period?
– Asia Pacific is expected to dominate shares in the forecast period.
Why Choose Us?
Insights into Market Trends: Global Market Studies reports provide valuable insights into market trends, including market size, segmentation, growth drivers, and market dynamics. This information helps clients make strategic decisions, such as product development, market positioning, and marketing strategies.
Competitor Analysis: Our reports provide detailed information about competitors, including their market share, product offerings, pricing, and competitive strategies. This data can be used to inform competitive strategies and to identify opportunities for growth and expansion.
Industry Forecasts: Our reports provide industry forecasts, which will inform your business strategies, such as investment decisions, production planning, and workforce planning. These forecasts can help you to prepare for future trends and to take advantage of growth opportunities.
Access to Industry Experts: Our solutions include contributions from industry experts, including analysts, consultants, and subject matter experts. This access to expert insights can be valuable for you to understand the market.
Time and Cost Savings: Our team at Global Market Studies can save you time and reduce the cost of conducting market research by providing comprehensive and up-to-date information in a single report, avoiding the need for additional market research efforts.